All these years, Mother’s Day was only about my mother! So, all I did was wish her a Happy Mother’s Day with a gift and I was done!
But here I am, feeling a little different this time.
You may ask why; is it because a month back I witnessed my wife deliver my little one or is it because I have simply matured overnight? None of the two! Definitely not the second one!
Yes, watching my wife deliver my little boy was quite an experience, but I can tell you this, motherhood is not just about giving birth or bringing a new life into this world! That’s special, no doubt! But there is more to it than that!
Motherhood is about embarking on a never-ending journey of giving every bit of you to this new life; it is about making a life-long promise to always put this little life before you!
I always thought that what we men do is equally taxing! But of course, I was kidding myself!
What I do allows me to step out of the house, talk to people, go on breaks, enhance my professional skills, even socialize occasionally, and have the satisfaction of getting paid for it!
But think about the stay-at-home moms! Here I am in awe of those women who sacrifice their education and their chance at professional excellence to address a cycle of cry, poop, eat, sleep and repeat!
And of course, hats off to those moms who work relentlessly to balance their careers and home! So this Mother’s Day, let’s make these women in our lives feel extra special!
Here is my list of best gift ideas for Mother’s Day!
- If the women in your life love art and craft, consider giving them a handmade gift. It could be a piece of jewelry, home decor or hand made beauty & spa gift box.
- If you consider the women in your life to be unique then gift them something quirky and unique like a personalized ring, necklace, bracelet or even a key-chain.
- To tell the women in your life how timeless their beauty is, gift them a bejeweled watch.
- Personalized photo gifts with a personalized card is always a hit among mothers as it allows them to cherish special moments.
- Flowers and chocolates are my all time favorite gift options for women. It always brings out their radiant best!
- If your lady loves clothes, then gift her a beautiful dress that not only accentuates her figure but also compliments her personality.
- If gadgets are her weakness, then buy her the latest phone, smartwatch, headphones or speakers. Women seem to love the Bose Noise Masking Sleep Buds for sound sleep.
- A good perfume that suits her personality and adds to her collection is also a great Mother’s Day gift idea.
- A chic handbag or a stylish shoe may also make her happy.
- Or just give her a gift card and let her spend the day shopping and pampering herself!